Saturday, October 08, 2005

Now What?

Since my big win this week, I have been struggling to figure out what to do with my new and improved bankroll. But, by doing this I achieved a few of my goals. So after doing some research I decided to deposit on Party Poker, basically after hearing everyones comments. I played my first few hands on the "beginner" tables and these things are seriously a joke, as I have already won $30 in less than 1 hour playing .50/1.00 limit. I guess I get to play these very fishy tables for the first 45 days of play on PP. Another one of my goals was to buy Pokertracker, basically because of the high praise it gets on just about every poker forum on the net. Since I was making a first time deposit on Party, I signed up for the bonus through pokersourceonline.com and once I play 250 raked hands I will get PT for free. What a deal! It looks like I have 60 days to complete it. This looks like such a fantastic site and they have great products to choose from like chips, tables, cards, etc. Maybe if I want to open up another account I will sign up for another one of their bonuses. The great thing is that you not only get their bonus for the cool products, but you also get the bonus for that specific card room. Pretty Sweet!

I bought some new KEM cards with some of my winnings and I really like them. We played with them last night and I think everyone was happy with them. The cards were a little on the expensive side, and if I wasn't so impulsive, I could've bought them for much cheaper online. They take some getting used to because they are so slippery, but they will last forever. Speaking of last night we had a nice 7-8 person game over at Chris and Tiffany's house and it was a lot of fun and I won a little. I was down a little when Tiffany called my all-in bet where she held top two pair and I had top pair with a flush draw. She made a GREAT call and I although I was dissapointed to lose my first buy-in, I was happy with the way she played the hand. Chris couldn't believe how well she played it! I also had a huge hand at the end of the night against my buddy David where I had AA. If I remember correctly I was in the cut-off David was on the button and Chris was to my right. Chris put in a standard 3 1/2xbb raise and I re-raised the size of the pot. David called, which worried me a little, and Chris folded. The flop was Jxx with two spades. I made a big pot size bet and David just smooth called. This worried me even more since I felt like he would make this play with everything from a set to two pair to possibly a flush draw. The turn was another spade and I was sure that I had the A of spades. I didn't have that much $$ left compared to the pot but he had me covered so I went all-in, he did not call quickly so I felt like I had the best hand. He reluctantly called w/ KJo (though he did have the K of spades) and he got no help on the river. All-in all it was a fun night out with the boys (and girl). I really wish we could play more, but everyone is so busy with kids and work that it's really hard to make it happen. I guess we play about once a month so that gives everyone their poker fix.

I missed the Cardplayer freeroll which I am pretty dissapointed about. I actually was supposed to miss it since we were going to go to the Maryland Million (Horse Races), but that was cancelled due to the constant downpour we have had since yesterday. I remembered that I had not unregistered for the freeroll, but I came to find out that you actually have to register for it before you can unregister..LOL, what a bummer. I hope there is one more cause I would really like to play in their "tournament of champions" and I need a big payday to get close to that.

Well as far as my goals are concerned, my short term goals have almost been met. I opened an account in the pond known as Party Poker. And, I should have Pokertracker by the end of the month. I have only played one $20 SnG, and although I won it, I want to continue to play the $10's and occasionally play the $20's. I really didn't see much of a difference, and since I have enough $$ right now, I want to play it pretty conservative with my tournament buy-ins. I will eventually play those $20's exclusively. If I can consistently beat those I will be a happy man. The real problem is keeping track of my progress. I need to figure out how to keep track of my SnG's. Since I won a large MTT, that satisfied that goal, but its not like I will not be playing anymore of those.

I will think about some new goals this weekend.
UB Stats:
9/27/05 - 10/8/05
Starting Balance: $408
Cash Games: +$23
Tournaments: +$681
Cash Out: $400
Ending Balance: $712

Party Stats:
10/7/05 - 10/8/05
Starting Balance: $250
Cash Games: +30
Ending Balance: $280

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you should have a blog about your sister who's so money she doesn't even know it! -melis