Saturday, March 15, 2008

It's a win!

It took just shy of 2 hours to finely take one of these 180 man SnG's down. I was pretty damn happy about it too. I've been on the wrong side of some awful beats, and it's amazing I stay sane. Regardless, this one felt great. I feel like i played well, but there were some pretty terrible players as well.

Firstly, I had a guy on my right for the first hour go absolutely nuts with King high multiple times. I mean, calling all-ins with KQs like it was a pair of aces...snap calls. There was one hand where I deliberated in UTG whether to even play KQ of clubs, finally electing to just fold and wait, sure enough two players fold after me and this guy ships for just over than 7x bb, and my man to my right snap calls w/ KQ of spades...and at this point it wasn't like he was short or anything, he probably called off about 3/4's of his stack. Of course he ended up winning that one with a flush. Later I saw him call a late position pusher with K5s. At that point he was way over the chip lead or close to it, and he finally lost that one to an A6. By the end of the first hour he was out though, and I didn't get much of anything from him.

That's not to say that I didn't get lucky. But, I had some spots where I was pretty cold decked. They're the worst. Hands like this: It's right around the 5th level or so in the tournament, blinds are 75/150, and I've climbed my way up to about 2300. I'm in the BB with AJs, so now I have 2150 behind. Folds around to the sb who jams for 600...how can you fold? Then i'm up against KK. That's a perfect example of what happens, but the trick is to remain patient, and to actually have the chips to let those not hurt you. I was able to do that today.

What might have been the most frustrating part of playing this tournament, was my decision to simultaneously play a 5.50 triple draw sng. That thing lasted FOREVER...but, yeah....i took that one down too!

I can tell that I am out of my funk at the triple draw tables. It was a really brutal month of February, but with this win, and the small winning sessions at the ring games, March is shaping up to be a very profitable month.

I Love you Mo :)

No comments: