Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Week One, Year Two

I didn't really play that much this week as I have been dealing with some personal issues. I have played about 6 SnG's and about 1.75 hours of ring games. Ok, I played Triple Draw (LOL, guess my will is no good). Actually, I did very well in the 1.75 hours that I played, and I guess the time off from that game was much needed. The $5.50 SnG's are a real joke, and I am actually having a lot of fun with them. In the 6 that I have played i've been ITM (in the money) 4/6, with one 1st place, one 2nd place, and two 3rd place. The last one I played last night where I ended up in 3rd, I was trying out a jam or fold strategy when it got down to 3, and I was slightly on the shortstack. The BB had me covered 3/1 or more, and the SB was much closer but still had me covered. I get 88 on the button and jam w/ blinds at 100/200, both players called; AQo and KK from the chip leader. A crazy flop and i'm out.

Anyway, Snadly hooked me up big time with a sweet spread sheet to track my play. I LOVE it! So, at least after a week, I have been up-to-date with my record keeping. I have doubled my stake in the first week, but that is probably only because I have not received my last withdrawal from UB, so I still have quite a bit of $$ on there. I really should be pretending it isn't there, and I have to a certain extent as I haven't played anything higher than the $5.50's or the .50/$1 TD games (which are certainly above my 'roll, but much lower bankroll risk). But, I haven't played anything like the $22 SnG's or even the 1/2 and 2/4 games. No more of that!!

All in all I think the small break I have taken has gotten me focused on more important matters in life and hopefully will revitalize my passion for poker and keep me away from tilt!

1 comment:

Snadly said...

I am glad you like the spreadsheet. Some of us are amused by simple things =).

I know I said it before, but you will hate that spread sheet when you have months like my April...-2K in the first 3 days....ugh, but I am have bounced back to -600 (amazing how happy you can be when you are still out 600 bones).

Anyway, GL with the restart. I think I know what the personal issues are...As always, SG and I are thinking about you guys.