Friday, August 04, 2006

How was the beach....beech?

Ahhh, what a good weekend it was! Thursday, as I said earlier, Mo and I went down to Easton, MD to the Avalon Theatre to see a nice "intimate" Keller Williams show.

It was a general admission show, but we could only score seats about 6 rows back and to the left of the stage. I got a few pictures (that I wasn't supposed to take!) and I guess they came out ok. I even got a little bit of video, but that was a little shaky and illegal! The show was actually pretty great. He played a couple new songs that we had not heard yet, and was more talkative than usual, mostly because he could not "loop" in between songs. The crowd was a little young (thats what you usually get for 18+ shows), and pretty chatty. We had a nice "older" couple sitting next to us that complained a little bit about it, but they were excited nonetheless (they won their tickets).
Here's the setlist:
Keller Williams
2006-07-27 Avalon Theatre - Easton, MD
(special loopless acoustic show)

Set I: Shapes of M&M's> Sally Sullivan> Bad*(whistled)> Sally Sullivan, Mexicali Blues**, Life Is,Stargate, Keller talks about the making of "Play This", Play This, Crispy Critters^ (dedicated to our dancing section in the front to the left), Restraint, Restless Friend@, Teen Angst#, Reuben and Charise**, Stairway to Watchtower&%> A Day At The Office> Keller Speaks> Bob Rules> Bob Rules story> Another Brick in the Wall&&> Bob Rules

Set II: Art> Lithium##, Lost, Keller Speaks> 221",Upright Bass jam> Ricky Don't Lose That Number^^,SloMo Balloon (Lou's solo whistled and mouthflugeled), The Wind Cries Mary%%> Zilla> Dogs, Running On Fumes> Black Peter**, Thin Mint, Dig A Pony^^^
"That'll be the last time I play that for a very long time"> Keller Speaks> Elephorse, Skitso
E: Keller Speaks, Celebrate Your Youth
* U2
** The Grateful Dead
^ C.W. McCall
@ Yonder Mountain String Band
# Camper Van Beethoven
& Led Zeppelin
% Bob Dylan
%% Jimi Hendrix
&& Pink Floyd
## Nirvana
^^ Steely Dan
^^^ The Beatles

Friday we got up and headed out to Ocean City for the day. It was a perfect hot and humid day for the beach. I was a little worried that the water would be too cold (and it probably was) to go in to cool off, but I went anyway. I basically froze my balls off for the first 10 minutes and then got used to it. Here's a fun picture from the day


Saturday we (I) bartended at my sister-in-laws Inn where they were holding a wedding reception. For about 1 hour I basically added a drop or two of sweat to every drink I poured since I was outside in the 100 degree heat wearing a longsleeve shirt and tie and black pants. I think we made a little extra in tips because of that though so I really can't complain. We got home Saturday night around 1am after working about 10 hours or so and we just basically laid around the house all of Sunday.

Poker has been an up and down week for me. My Pokerstars account is dwindling, and my UB account has basically been static. The SnG's on PS have seen me just running into monsters and making some poorly timed plays. And, as far as Triple Draw goes, well, I win $10 and lose $10, but just have not gone off for a big score. The games have been pretty steady though.

I will most likely be editing this post later tonight or this weekend because I really want to suggest some more tunes and other things that I think are interesting!

No comments: