Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Weekend Part II - "How you feelin..??!!"

So obviously, I was a little "peeved" that my WSOP tourney didn't go as I had hoped, but thats poker and thats why we play, only being on the other side of the beats is much more fun. I ended up talking to my boy Chris later that night, and we played some triple draw on UB, and hopefully he will not go broke because I like having him around to play with. I think I lost a little that night playing TD, but I haven't really been running to well in that game lately, so it didn't really "phase me".

On Sunday we had plans to go to "Artscape" in Baltimore. But, before we went, Mo wanted to see the "Shark" on the Discovery Channel building in downtown Silver Spring. Here's a picture we took:


We have gone to "Artscape" every year for the last 3-4 years and it is always a fun time. They basically section off like 10 blocks of the city and they have about 4 stages for live music, as well as hundreds of tents for artists of all varieties. This year I was psyched to see Michael Franti and Spearhead. I have only seen them one time before at Jazzfest in '04, and it was one of the best shows I had ever seen. I couldn't wait for Mo to see them because I knew she would love it. The guy is just amazing live. Mo kept saying how "happy he looked" and that he always had a smile on his face. I was interested to hear his new songs since he has an album coming out today. I had heard that it was very "reggae-based", so I was hoping that it wasn't too inaccesible. I like reggae, but too much can get repetitive and boring to me. Well, he didn't dissapoint. So good, so good. I told Mo that he would say "How you feelin" about 100 times, I think it was about 150 :) Not only did he play his new stuff, but he played a few songs from each of his albums. Some may say he is too preachy, and too political. But in all honesty, everything this guy stands for, I believe in as well. I joked that that he should be a religion. Mo said we were "Frantish". I like that.

Last night I played in that CP league thing on 'Stars, and the bad-beats continued. Top 2 got me when my QQ lost to his soooooooooted K8 or something crappy like that. Did he really think I was stealing from 3rd position? Anyway, I don't know how much more I will play on there, since I lost the $160 from the sattelite, I don't have much more on there, and unless I move some bankroll around, I doubt I will keep it up. I do like playing that private tourney, mostly because it's a lot of the +1 guys, and they are fun and usually pretty good.

Thursday night we are going to see Keller Williams down in Easton, MD. I am very excited about this show since it is another "loopless" show and in a very quaint small theatre. We saw Martin Sexton there, and it felt like we were sitting in a living room listening to the guy (He is awesome by the way, if you like folky acoustic, awesome singers, the guy doesn't hit a bad note!). We will then probably go to the beach on Friday and we are bartending Saturday night for some extra dough.

No comments: