Thursday, November 09, 2006

Keep on Truckin On...

One thing that has been interesting since my demise in online poker has been the question that comes to mind almost every night..."What should I do?". It's weird having a hobby that takes up 10-15 hours of your life a week be snatched out from under you. The good thing, is that I think it has actually helped my poker game. Since not playing online, I have played a couple home game tournaments and done very well. So, maybe this UIGEA is not as bad as it seems. It still pisses me off, and i'm still thinking of playing online, how...I have no idea.

So i've taken up some new things to do with my time. Spending more time with my wife is one of them. This fall has been so much fun. We are like buddies. Mo and I have taken a few trips here and there, and each one has made some fantastic memories. Now if I could only get her to play some hold'em :) But seriously, she really keeps me on my toes, she's so damn witty, I love it!

I am pretty damn excited to play in the 1st Annual Junkies Poker Open at The Borgata in Atlantic City. How 'bout it's the biggest tournament i've ever played? $300 buy-in, 500 players. Now, i've played larger tournaments online, hell, I won a tournament with over 800 people in it. But, i've never paid more than $160 to play in a tournament. As I said before, I have been playing pretty well, and while my bankroll probably shouldn't withstand this kind of buy-in, I can pay it with a clear conscience. I even have someone who wants 1/3rd of my action. I still haven't decided if I want to let him in for that much, but it's nice knowing that someone has faith in your play. I was a little taken aback when he said he wanted to stake me. It was actually quite a show trying to register for this thing. If you don't know who "The Junkies" are, they are a morning radio show here in DC/Balt./No.VA. They are wildly popular and cool cats. They LOVE poker and gambling in general. Not too long ago, before my dear friend David passed away, we actually played in a small home tournament with their producer Brett. I came in 2nd in that tournament. Anyway, the morning they released the instructions on how to register for the tournament, The Borgata's servers crashed, and I ended up being charged 6 times for the entry fee. It took about a week, but I finally got my confirmation and my seat. They originally were going to have the tournament capped at 300 people, but since the response was overwhelming, they added 200 more seats. The total prize pool is $130K!! They will pay the top 10%.

I bought my first playstation game in 2 years. I decided on Madden '07. I guess you can't really go wrong there. Did the price go down on games? I feel like all games used to be $49.99, but I paid $39.99. It was actually a pretty hard decision, as after 20 minutes of browsing, I had picked either Madden, Tiger Woods, Scarface, or The Sopranos. I went with the ole' stand-by. I pretty much suck at Madden though. Since i've taken a couple years off, i'm not really used to the new features that they have added, although I do like the lead blocking controls. I'm sure it will take me another couple hours in front of the tv before it all comes around.

No comments: