Saturday, February 02, 2008

January Update

At least I have been able to keep up with my new years resolution for 1 whole month. It's pretty easy when you are winning though. I just got back from Vegas for our annual convention. I had my best trip playing poker ever. I finally cashed in a tourney, actually I chopped it evenly between two other guys after playing the same tourney the night before and busting short of the cash. I played pretty good and only made one bad laydown that I can remember. It was actually a great little tournament with 3000 in starting chips, a $65 buy-in with an option to re-buy if you were busted out of the tourney in the first hour, and no antes. Also, I played basically one session of 1/3 NL that yielded a $500 profit. I played a quick 30 minutes before the tournament and although I can't remember how much I won, it really wasn't much. I even played two sessions of blackjack and won a grand total of $200. It's been about two years since i've played any table games in Vegas so I couldn't be happier about that really.

Right now I am waiting for a seat to open up in a TD game, but all that is available is a 5/10 game and while there are 2 tables of 2/4 going, there are 2 people on the each waiting list. Besides, I would much rather play 1/2. If there was anything that I could say I have learned about my online play this month it would be that I need to really figure out my SnG strategies and re-learn to play them. It might be my switch to turbos, who knows, but I did not do very well this month.

No comments: