Tuesday, February 12, 2008

SnG's Tilt Me, But So Does Life Sometimes

Not only am I not playing very well in SnG's right now, but they are frustrating me really bad. I remember a while back having absolutely no success in them. I really have not played very many this month so my sample size is extremely small. I can say that I've gotten all of the money in when I am ahead 80% of the time. The other 20% have been "cooler" hands, for example; I get short and have ~10 bb's and pick up AKs in EP. I jam and get called in MP and LP, we flip and I'm up against another AK and QQ. GG me. And then there is the good old moron playing transparent poker. In my stats I have a section for notes on the particular game that I played....here's what I wrote in my second to last SnG where I went out 8th place: such bs…maniac plays three to my left, I limp w/ 66 utg+1, 1 more limps, and maniac jams big stack…I knew he would do it and decided if he did I would call, he flips KT, flop QQ4, turn A, River J, IGHMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the other hand, the TD tables have been OK, but not as profitable as last month. I am running into variance mostly, but I really believe I could be making a bit more if I could stop playing SnG's (or at least get better at them), therefore making it less likely for me to tilt. I noticed in the few games I played last month at 2/4, I was a marginal winner. I would love to step up to that limit, but I need to probably double my 'roll before I really feel comfortable. I don't mind taking shots though as those games generally aren't any tougher, since basically the same players are playing them. The few other players that are regularly playing seem to be your average 1/2 player just with a larger bankroll. Plus, the rake at the 1/2 games is pretty bad.

Mo has had some complications with the pregnancy which has been pretty stressful for the last two weeks. After finding out that she may have gestational diabetes, we were told that the baby is under weight and she has low amniotic fluid, all of which have contributed to her being on 24 hour bed rest at the hospital. There was a chance that the baby would be born at 29 weeks (obviously very premature), but that did not happen. The doctors really want to get to 34 weeks, but we are just taking it one day at a time. It's hard not being at the hospital with her at night. But, I think I'm better off going home at night and getting a decent nights sleep rather than on the pathetic excuse for a pull out bed that is in her hospital room.

No comments: