Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Long Weekend

This past weekend was full of relaxation and a little poker here and there. Saturday, since there was no cardplayer freeroll, I decided to play a $5 MTT, and didn't even make it to the break. I think I came in like 180 out of 300+. Oh well, it was funny because I think I made some extremely good laydowns and good reads, but lost too much of my stack to recover. Oh well, thats poker. The cool thing about this was that before the tourney started, I thought I'd play some cash games and bought in for the max at a .05/.10 NL ($10). I ended up cashing out up about $6 just before the start of the tournament, so I had my buy in back and was basically on my own "freeroll". Saturday night was pretty dissapointing since we were suppose to have about 7-8 people for the game with my buddies, but only had 5. I had a good run early and had doubled my stack but ended up giving it all back. It was a good time anyways since I got to see my friends new house and his beautiful little girl. I'm sure that one or two of my friends were happy to see me out early, probably because all I talk about lately is poker and they must love the fact that the guy who plays more poker than any of them was felted, but they are all awesome players and great friends and that's all that matters, in the end, well, I just flat out got outplayed! I don't think I am any better than any of them, I just play more and that is all. You know some days you win, and some days you lose! I really looked at that game as a night with the guys and some fun poker, and I was happy to give them my $20!
Monday I played a little $25 NL on UB and won about $6-7 in about an hour, though I was up about $20 before I folded a BIG pot w/ KK when I was sure that the villain had either AA a set or a flush. Sometimes you have to fold big hands, which I haven't been able to do much. Later last night I played $5+.50 single table SnG and came in a dissapointing third. I played with one of the cardplayer forum members (DUI) who is a good player. We got into some trash talking which was fun, and I think he actually took me out. He probably went on to win the thing. So it was a weekend in the black online, and live I ended up in the red. Thats Poker!

9/2/05-9/5/05
UB Starting Balance:$469.81
Cash Games: +$13.57
Tournaments: +$1.00
UB Ending Balance: $484.38

No comments: