Friday, January 13, 2006

Driving all day...

There are a few things that really piss me off with my job. I love my job, but one of the things that kind of sucks is having to be on the road all day long. In my territory there is without a doubt some of the worst traffic on the east coast. I have actually been told it is worse here than in New York City, and this came from someone with basically the same job as me that lives in Long Island. While I can actually deal with sitting in traffic because it really doesn't bother me that much, I cannot deal with commercials on the radio. There, I said it. I HATE THEM!! I now understand why there is satelite radio. I should probably invest in it. Here are the commercials that when I hear them I immediately turn them off:
Jewelry Commercials - you know these, they have a stupid little jingle and talk about how if you don't buy your wife something sparkly you really don't love her enough. Or the one with the South African guy and his whole family that actually dig the diamonds themselves - YEAH RIGHT!
Cell Phone Commercials - Seriously, they are all the same. We know this, so just give up!
Cable/Satelite Commercials - I pretty much hate Comcast. Always have.
McDonalds Commercials - This is a big one. I cannot stand there "I'm Loving It" campaign with that stupid little jingle...Bah Dah Bah Bah Bahhhh. McDonalds is gross anyway.
Geico Commercials - These are the commercials that try to be like "Crank Yankers"...you know call up Geico and ask them if they are a machine...ACK!

I guess that's all I can come up with right now. But you know what, this probably means those advertising executives have done there job. If I can remember all of these, isn't that what they wanted to accomplish. The problem is, if I want to buy jewelry, I go to an independent store. If I want a hamburger, I go anywhere BUT McDonalds.

On a poker note, Triple Draw has been kicking my butt recently. I have probably averaged a 15 BB loss in every session for the last week. I should've known that I would've been on a downward spiral when I proceeded to win $100 right off the bat in about 3 hands out of the first 10 or so since I sat down, then end the night losing $85. Thankfully, I have concentrated a little more to my SnG's and have made up for most of the losses with that and some NL cash games. Last night I played two interesting hands that one me one small pot and one huge pot:

Hand #1 - I suck out
$25NL (10 handed) - KJo in the cutoff. Two limpers in EP and MP. I raise it to 4.5xBB. EP calls. Flop is A T 9 w/ two hearts (i have K hearts). EP checks. I bet 3/4 of the pot. EP goes all-in. Of course I call because all he has left is .45, so pot odds cause me to make the call. He has QQ!! Yeah, nice play dude! You deserve the following - K on the turn, blank on the river. So I think I should've just taken the free card on the turn and given up the pot for a largish bet if I didn't pick up the Queen or King, although a Jack would've screwed me too! But seriously, limp in EP with QQ...HUH! Ding Dong's going on my buddy list!

Hand #2 - HUGE POT
$50NL (10 handed) - I have a pretty decent read on the table, mostly passive aggressive. I get AJs in MP. Two limpers in EP, I raise it to 4.5x BB, get one caller in LP and one EP player calls. Flop is A Q x. EP bets pot and I just smooth call. I don't put this guy on AQ or AK because of the limp, but I am a little worried about a two pair with whatever the x card was. The LP player folds and we see an 8 on the turn. He bets pot again and I just smooth call again. Now i'm thinking that I should've been raising here or on the flop, but I guess I got passive myself at this table. I do think that if I raise and he comes over the top of me I am really worried and might lay it down which is pretty weak-tight of me right? River is a blank and my opponent checks. I have him covered so I put him all-in. He took his whole time-bank to call and show A9s! I couldn't believe it, but from the way I played the hand, I guess he thought I was drawing or something. That was one of the biggest pots i've played in while and I was happy as hell to come out on the positive side.

I think i'll buy my new journal today for my record keeping. I slacked off yesterday, but I remember my sessions so i'll update it when I get home tonight. Mo and I are really working hard to eat better and exercise more. It is alot easier to do these things with a partner, and she really keeps me going. She makes me so happy and I love her so much.

No comments: