Tuesday, January 10, 2006

What a Ding Dong!

Here's a great hand I played last night in a SnG. It is the first level, blinds 10/20. I get KQ of clubs on the button. Four limpers in front, and I limp as well (huh?). Small blind completes and Big Blind checks. Flop is K Q J with two hearts. Checks to a middle position limper that bets the pot (140) and I call (HUH?). Folds around and we are heads up to the turn card of an off-suit 8. MP limper bets 200 and I call (HUH?). River card is an off-suit 9. MP limper bets about 3/4 of the pot and I go all in (HUH?) he calls with JT of hearts and i'm down to 100 chips.

Let me count the ways I played this so freakin badly!! KQs on the button is a strong hand and I should've either raised to get rid of some of the limpers (or possibly take down the pot) or get it heads up at least. I remember thinking "ok, if I don't flop something good I can get away from it cheaply while still having plenty of chips." Whatever donkey! So I get the top two pair on the flop and one of the limpers bets the pot on a extremely coordinated board. I know I was thinking that he easily could've had AT...but that is where I stopped and didn't think about tthe range of hands that he could've had. So i passively call, while never taking control of the hand or gaining any information about what he may be holding. If I raise his bet a substantial amount, I am certainly going to here from a flopped straight/set, which are the only hands I am worried about. Then the turn I do the same exact thing. Of course the 9 on the river I deserved, but going all in? Uhhh, Why!!??

This is the occasional hand I play like newbie, where I think i'm getting cute, but am just bleeding chips. Duhh...

No comments: