Tuesday, June 13, 2006

I should've titled this blog "POKER"

I don't think I've really blogged that much about music or really anything else since I started this thing. Oh well, I guess I can talk about my brand spankin new 60 gig VIDEO IPOD!! This thing is great. I didn't really want one of these things for a while until I talked to my boy MIKE G (AKA Smokebreak) and he really got me excited about having one of these. Since I work all day on the road and listen to music pretty much all day (with some poker podcasts along the way) it really is a no-brainer. I am having a hard time doing anything but importing my cd's. I have done about 10gigs so far and theres a ton more...I think i'll probably have the thing full in about a week. Then I'll probably have to par it down and take out old stuff like "Hootie & tthe Blowfish" LOL!

Speaking of music, while in AC last week, I played at the tables while listening to my mp3 player for the first time. It was actually quite nice, and i'll probably never play at a table without music again. I figure that if I play at home with music it can't really hurt me. I try to stay pretty concious of whats going on at the tables and when i'm in a hand I try to tune out the music a little. I enjoyed it!

And now...POKER! AC was such a BLAST! Mo and I got in on Sunday night around midnight. We checked in and my baby gave me my last birthday presents...two pairs of sunglasses and 3-4 cigars (my favorite brand!). We then promptly hit the boardwalk and a blackjack table. I swear I don't want to play anymore blackjack. I just don't really have any fun! I mean sure it's fun when you win, but i've won and it still doesn't have the same effect as taking down pots at pretty much any poker table. Monday morning we woke up and had some room service breakfast. I want to mention a bit about The Tropicana and their new tower (The Havana Tower). UMMM, not that big of a deal...it's a new room, but nothing that special, aside from it being new and CLEAN! We walked around a bit and I got in touch with NeccoWafers (Casey) who was sleeping. Snadly and SnadlysGirl (Brad and Melanie) were out eating lunch and sightseeing (LOL - sightseeing in AC :^> ). I went down to the poker room and bought in to the 2/4 limit game. A nice start...low-limit poker. After about 2 hours or so Brad and Melanie walked by and I recognized them immediately. They hung at my table for a while and Brad brought Casey over and we talked a bit before Melanie sat down two to my right and Brad and Casey went over to the the NL tables. I played some good hands the whole session and sucked out a couple times for a win of $75 over about 2.5-3 hours. A nice solid session. Mo and I had a reservation at Red Square for a beautiful and delicious romantic dinner. We loved that place! I had some great vodka drinks and one semi-girly martini (but tasted delicious). After dinner we caught up with the Snads and the Wafer for some drinks at Ri-Ra, one of my favorite Irish bars ever (hell you get my vote if you have Boddingtons on tap). We ended up playing some NL for about 4 hours or so and I stumbled into the room around 4:30am up $60 or so. Here's a pic from the night:

Tuesday morning I had planned to play the $50+15 11am tourney. It only had about 30 people with 1st taking down $500+. Sadly none of us cashed. I basically played 3 hands: AA, QQ, JJ. I went broke with QQ when on the shortstack, but lost the monster pot that had me down to nubbins with JJ. Basically it went like this...blinds are around 150/300 and 4 people limp in and I look down in the bb at JJ. I raise it up to 1500 (with about 7K behind), one mp limper calls and on other (who is on the ss) goes all-in for 750 more...At this point I look over at the first caller and she has about 3500 more, so I push her all in and sure enough she calls...i'm up against 88 and KQ...of course an 8 comes on the flop and I go from above avg stack to the shortest stack. Two hands later, on the button I push with QQ and run into KK...IGHN! It was fun and I played with Brad to my right the whole time. He ended up busting about 30 minutes later 1 from the final table (only 4 payed). All in all it was a fun tournament,and I actually came back with an extra little cash as well!

I know in my last post I mentioned that I am considering depositing into a new site...so far, I think i'm going to put a little cash into 'Stars and go for some WSOP qualifiers...I'm pretty excited about giving it a shot!

No comments: