Friday, June 30, 2006

IPODS, Poker Stars, WSOP and July 4th

I have been steadly increasing my music on my IPOD for the whole month. I'm probably about 2 days to being done importing. It is such a tedious task! I thought I would have about exactly 30 gigs once all of my "store-bought" cd's were imported, but I think it will be more like 35-40. Plenty of room to grow! I have been contemplating importing some of my live shows, but I haven't decided one way or another. I'll probably go through them all and pick out some of my favs that are MUSTS.

Speaking of music...Mo was flipping channels the other day and stumbled upon "We Have Arrived", which is basically the documentary to 2004's Bonnaroo. I watched it the other day and it was "ok", and somewhat interesting for the most part. I thoroughly enjoyed the section about Trey Anastasio conducting the huge orchestra. But, the best part to me, was the very end, when Jim James from My Morning Jacket comes out to do a solo acoustic set that was just for the media. Unfortunately, I was not very impressed when they spliced in the ending to the "Electric" version that ended their set during the torrential downpour. I have had the two most recent MMJ albums for quite a while, and sorta forgot about how much I liked them. The guy can sing. That is all. Great lyrics, and exceptional musicianship. The latest album, titled "Z", was produced by the same guy that did some work on older Pink Floyd albums; Echoes and Animals. Both of which are pretty damn WICKED! Now I see why that album is so hmmmm...fluid.

Last night I bit the bullet and deposited on PokerStars. I had to take advantage of their very rare first-time deposit bonus. I played one SnG on their and took it down for 1st place. This being my second time playing a tournament on this site, I have to say I actually like it. I don't really mind the blind structure, which I thought I would hate, since I've always been a UB guy. We'll see how things go on here. There MTT's have huge fields. I think I might try a couple 5.50 + rebuy sats to the 160 double shootouts for the WSOP. What the hell right?

Speaking of the WSOP! I am sooo geared up for this year. It probably sounds like i'm going to be out there, but unless some miracle happens, I won't. It's just so exciting to see the updates from all of the bloggers and from Cardplayer.com. I think Cardplayer is actually doing a pretty terrible job at it. The Pokerstars blog and a number of other bloggers updates are much more interesting. Plus, Cardplayers site is so damn slow! I have been d'ling "The Circuit" podcast daily, which I think is pretty entertaining.

Next week is July 4th and we are going to take a few extra days off and relax and go to the beach and pretty much hang out. Since we really aren't taking a "vacation" this year, I think it will be good for us. Summertime blues ya know?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bonnaroo next year...start the ball rollin!!! Enjoy the beach...beach!!!