Thursday, July 20, 2006

Damn has it been that long since I updated?

Well, I guess I have been doing ok...bankroll-wise, I am almost out of the hole I put myself in during the month of May. It has been quite a struggle. Seriously, when you lose 85% of your bankroll in one day, and look back on it two months later it is kind of funny. I am pretty proud that I still have not re-deposited on UB. At one point I was down to $12! Thats pretty ridiculous if you ask me. I'll call it an $800 lesson. I don't want to "jinx" anything, but my run at the tables has been tasty. The TD games on UB have been staying pretty juicy, and I am finally learning what players are decent and what players are morons. Last night, I should've just gotten up after about 45 minutes of play because my table was full of the "decent" players. Usually what happens is the table will be full of 2-3 awful players, and the the other 2-3 that will basically know eachother and pretty much stay out of eachothers way. I ended up staying and winning about 6 BB's over 1.50 hours. Even though I have been saying for essentially the whole year that I wanted to stay away from these bigger buy-in games, I think by taking my lumps over the last couple months, I have learned when to quit. The game can be so frustrating when your draws don't hit and you seriously have to be patient.

I FINALLY finished importing my store-bought cd's onto my IPOD...yeah that took about a month!! I was almost right on with about 36 gigs. I haven't really added any of my "live cd's", that would probably take a whole other 60 gig ipod. I have been playing a bunch of guitar lately. I learned a bunch of My Morning Jacket songs, my favorite being "Golden". It has a weird Em tuning with a capo on the first fret. It is hella fun to play. They like to use capos all over the place on their songs. I mean there's one where they capo the 9th fret! Last night I basically played through the whole "Z" album. Good Stuff! Next album I am buying is ALO (Animal Liberation Orchestra), they have this song called "Wasting Time", it is almost like sublime'ish and they sing about getting high, listening to the Dead, going to shows, all of which sound like fun to me :) There's actually a list I have going of about 4 cd's that I want to get. Well, make that 3 since I just bought the newest Phish live album/DVD. Live in Brooklyn is a nice little package. My phish-buddy Chris and I went to see that show that was actually streamed in theaters back in '04. My favorite parts of the show were The Curtain (With), 46 Days, and Divided Sky encore. I remember focusing so much on all of their botches at the time. I guess because they were basically winding down, they stopped practicing, etc. But, now listening again, this was actually a pretty hot show!

Oh yeah, I still have $$ on 'Stars. Trying to qualify for the WSOP was not very fun. I never got better than a 46th place in any of the Super's that they had running all day everyday. I really didn't put my ALL into it, and I think I could've at least won a seat into either a $160 double shootout or the 150 seat guaranteed, if I had put more effort into it. There is still time, but I don't really feel like it at this point. Maybe next year, unless online poker goes out the door (God DAmN It!!). Actually, I have been doing great in the $5.50 SnG's. I'll probably keep playing those and build and build and build until either I have to "shut down" or move up.

Getting back to TD, I think I need to tighten up a bit in early position. I want to post about it on Plus One, but those guys hardly ever pay attention to the "Other Games" section and most don't really play the game at all. Because I play SOO aggressive in the game, I think I should be folding some of my rougher drawing hands in EP. For example 268xx. This is pretty rough and can only make #6 at best, but usually makes a rough 87. As I was saying earlier, if you can't hit draws, and you can't get dealt good starting hands, those 268xx in EP start to look pretty good. It's almost like in hold'em when you get crap cards over and over, you know like Q2o, 92o, until finally you get QJo in EP and it looks like AK. You raise it up and go broke. So I am now trying to fold those cards and only play them from LP and the button. We'll see how it goes.

Back to work now!

No comments: