Wednesday, September 06, 2006

+1 Tourney - Live Blog

I am going to try my hand at "live-blogging" this tourney...should be fun!

The +1 Players Club finally got off their asses and got a private tourney together...not a huge turnout but at least we have 3 tables..buy-in $10+1, almost a $300 prize pool.

Cards are in the air:

Hand 1 - AJo in BB....Zacklemm raises from MP to 60, I call...KT7 flop, I check, Zack bets 85 into 130 pot, I fold

Hand 8 - 77 utg +1, I limp, folds to sb (Powda) who completes, bb checks, flop is AQx all diamonds, Powda bets 60 I fold

Hand 15 - J9s, I limp from MP after 1 limper, flop a flush draw, checks to me I bet 3/4 pot, everyone folds

Hand 16 - 66 in MP, Supperpuppy limps, I raise to 60 he folds...

Hand 19 - Interesting Hand! I raise OTB w/ 68o, after HD limps, flop is AQT w/ 2 clubs, checks to me , I bet 100 into 200 pot, everyone folds...PPs?

JUST NOTICED...Chipleaders after 15 mins (blinds just raised to 15/30) Sydrome w/ 4K, Mag w/ 2300...big shocker there...JMILL is first out...

Just moved to other table w/ Mag and Feng who has taken over 2nd place...they are on my right...thankfully...

No hands for a while...finally pick up AA in EP, Raise to 90, cbal calls from BB...flop Q high w/ two diamonds, I bet 120 into 195 pot, he folds...

Lost an extra 100 from the bb, w/ ATs, utg raises 3x bb, feng OTB calls, I call getting about 3-1, Flop an ISD, but it gets bet and raised before I can make a play (Which I wasn't really planning on doing)

More air: UTG +1 I raise 3x bb w/ 89s, UTG+2 calls, Flop is 57Q w/ 2 hearts, I bet 200 and he folds after a bit of thinking

Oh yeah, and blinds are 25/50 now

Didn't get much of anything that last round...its pretty tough spot to be at when you have mag to your immediate right, feng to his right, and another big stack to my left...Blinds at 50/100

I picked up AJo UTG+1 and raised 3x bb, stole blinds :( Guess thats exactly what i wanted out of the hand tho...

PokerStars hand: Feng raise 3x bb utg, mag calls, Cardsfan moves in for 1220 (i fold 66 after Mag calls), Feng folds, mag thinks and calls w/ 55, Cards has AQ, board reads 88x99 and cards takes it down

Break time...sitting at 1345 :(

Blinds 100/200
WOW!! Two more Pokerstars hands!
I have ATo OTB, I JAM my 1345, guy to my right JAMS, we flip: he has AK, I'm drawing thin to say the least...Flop Q8T, I figure a J will come, but it doesn't and I double up...next hand I get TT, and raise to 600 ferris only has 36 and I flop a set

Next hand: guy I sucked out on goes all in w/ 77, gets called by cards w/ 66, he flops a boat...ugh

Good hand by me i think...lucko raises to 450 and cardsfan calls, I have TT in BB and re-raise 1200...lucko folds, and cards calls...flop is K high...I wait and then JAM...he folds...big pot!

BIG LAYDOWN...AQo in Mid-Late Pos...I raise to 450...Lucko calls OTB, Cards raises to 1200 (basically the same move I made on him), I take some time bank but fold...Lucko slowrolls cards and puts him all-in w/ AA...he has to call w/ T7s, he flops an inside straight draw, but this time the best hand wins...

This is the type of thing that I screw up all the time!
A6 utg 5 handed, I bet 600 but feng in the bb only has 1140, he wakes up w/ AQ and pushes, forcing me to call...he doubles up through me

A couple hands later I pick up JTo, Feng raises me from the sb, I JAM knowing he is stealing, he of course folds...

Next two hands I steal blinds (JTs, and A7s)

I am being way to aggressive I think at this point...gotta be careful, I think sportfreak knows it...

WOW...perfect scenario...I am looking real LAGGY..I get QQ in sb...folds to me, I min-raise sportfreak, he re-steals and I JAM...he folds!! Big pot

And now we're at the final table!! Top 5 pay...

Well...Lucko finally got me...he raises to 600, syndrome calls, I JAM w/ TT from the BB, Lucko insta calls w/ KK...I flop an inside straight draw, but it doesn't come...down to 970 (blinds 100/200 w/ 25 ante)

Chipp is constantly raising so I have no fold equity...i'm moving in w/ whatever...

Out 7th...I move in w/ 67o, cbal calls me for only 570 more (he's getting almost 2-1) w/ 45o...he flops inside straight draw, but hits a 5 on the turn to bust me...oh well...pretty pissed right now!!

2 comments:

lucko said...

Fun time, great recap.

Didn't mean to slow roll to Cards on that one hand.

Hopefully we can make this a regular tournament.

Chris said...

Nice blogging Jam. Sorry about busting you there, but I kept doing the math and kept thinking "I have to call." Nice playing. Glad I dodged those aces when I defended my BB.