Friday, September 15, 2006

Weekend

I need to stop playing poker for at least one week. Although, I should probably take a month long hiatus. After taking third in that 180 SnG the other day, I played a ton of $5-10 SnG's and just hacked it around. Taking a third here and there, but more consistently getting my $$ in with the best of it, only to be sucked out on by the turn or river. It is so frustrating when you are running like this. My mind is all banged up in the cash games too, and the beats don't stop in SnG's as you probably know. Sets getting chased down by inside straight draws, Flopped straights run into pulled boats, etc, etc, etc. I have always been of the mindset to just play through it, or to play another game. Well, my ONLY other game is TD and I need at least triple my bankroll to get back into that game. So, maybe a break is exactly what I need. When I steam, I just end up giving more money back to the donkeys. Last night is a case in point. After bubbling or going out early in 4 straight SnG's, I figured, "hmmm...I need to play a $20 spot, that will get my head back on straight and make me more confident". Well, this wasn't your typical SnG, and way more aggressive than any other $20 SnG i've played. One guy was just getting so lucky and overbetting pots, driving people out of them. So I stick around, not getting many hands, and finally pick up AA. I think, perfect, this guy is playing overaggressive and super loose so I should be able to trap him. So here is how the hand plays out: I'm on the button and one player in MP (there's only 5 people left, blinds are 25/50) makes it $150 to go, and I call (mistake #1?). LAG is in BB and calls as well (475 in pot). Flop is horrible; JQK w/ two clubs (none of my bullets are clubs), and the BB fires out $600, MP folds and I am up to a decision, I have about 1250 or so left behind and am either pushing or folding? Well, I go ahead and JAM and he flips over T5o!! So basically he only has 6 outs. The best part about this hand is that I pull one of the last of the two aces in the deck on the river, and he makes his straight...good ole' Pokerstars. The thing that I keep telling myself is that I had the read right, I knew he was being overaggressive and would push hard with any big draw, I took into account my hand in that I had two of his outs if he was pushing with the naked 10, and made the correct decision in my mind.

So onward bound, break, break, break.

No comments: