Sunday, September 10, 2006

A day of football and poker...

Today was one of those days that just feels so damn good. You know...sitting on the couch, laying on the couch, laying in bed, etc, etc. All the while, watching the first full Sunday of the NFL. This probably won't be happening every week, but I felt like treating myself. I mean, i'm in two fantasy football leagues so I guess I was pretty excited for today. I feel like I have two really good teams, but one of them is a real contender, and its the one that means the most. Not that its for a lot of money, but because all of my closest friends are in the league, and my partner Chris and I have never won it. Sure, we've made the playoffs a couple times, but we always seem to have bad luck. Not that this year hasn't seen its fair share of bad luck. It seems that every year we are cursed with an injury to our first round draft pick. Luckily, we had two first rounders (yeah thats an indication how bad we were last year).

In my last update I obviously mentioned I put money on 'Stars (how could I play that tourney without it right). Well, I figured I would put a little on just to play SnG's and +1 tourneys. I'm not doing to bad in the SnG's, but a run of two and three outers that people are catching on me have been making me so frustrated that I had to make a whine post on the forum. It's really weird how bad it gets. I hate to contribute to the conspiracy theorists and the haters of pokerstars, but it's hard not to. That being said, I played a $4.40 180 man SnG and took down third place. I was the chip leader for most of the end of the tournament, and for the majority of the final table. I ended up making a bad call with top pair weak kicker that ran into top pair almost as weak a kicker but just good enough to scoop. About 10 hands later I made a standard raise w/ KJo, but had to lay it down when the chip leader put me all in (he showed T6s). I am not even complaining though since I basically doubled my bankroll. I think I'll keep playing the low limit SnG's and try and build a roll there like i'm doing on UB...Discipline, Discipline, Discipline.

No comments: