Tuesday, January 23, 2007

A Quick One

So, a little while ago I was going to post a bunch of hands from the tournament that I took 3rd in, but I went over them, and aside from a few well timed plays, it wasn't all that interesting. I have them all saved still so if I feel like getting down and dirty with them, I will proceed. One hand in particular was really crazy, in a "had to be there" kind of way. It went something like this. I was riding a medium/short stack with about 50 or so people left, and was just moved to a new table with a bunch of similar stacks as mine. Fortunately, this time they were not all of the chip leaders, which always seems to happen to me. Blinds are around 800/1600 with whatever the ante is (I think it's 75). I'm in the MP with 44, and raise it up to 3800, it folds around to the BB who jams his 22K stack at me... I talked a little about this before, but at this point in the tournament, with the number of people left, it didn't really matter to me if I went out on this hand or folded only to go out a few hands later, of course I am talking about the payout structure, relative to this hand. EDIT: I must admit now, that I have gone back to looking at the hand, and I was actually in pretty decent shape at the beginning of the hand, I had 38K in chips. Well, it didn't take all of my time bank, in fact I think I only used an extra 10 seconds, but I decided to make the call. It felt like a huge overbet at the time, but I think regardless of knowing the table or not, this was a pretty awful call...luckily he had K3o and I essentially doubled up. It was a awesome feeling to catch the guy here, even though in hindsight, it was a pretty messed up call by me.

There were actually two other hands that I could talk about, but I won't right now since they are too hard to explain, but suffice to say, I OWNED this guy at my table who was playing table captain/bully/prick/etc....

And, what the &*#@ US GOVT!!!! Stay out of our personal lives!!! This whole conservative right wing christian regime needs to GO, including the dictat..I mean President...

IPOD RANDOM TEN
1. Harry Hood - Phish - 2/20/93
2. Rain Please Go Away - Alison Krauss & Union Station - Lonely Runs Both Ways
3. World Of Machines - The Samples - Return To Earth
4. Strance Of The Spirit Red Gator - Medeski, Martin, And Wood - Shack Man
5. Exempli Gratia - Ernie Stires - Samson Riffs (Performances: 1983-1997)
6. Moth Reprise - moe. - Warts & All Vol. 1
7. Not Myself - John Mayer - Room For Squares
8. Moma Dance - Phish - The Story Of The Ghost
9. Eveline - Nickel Creek - Why Should The Fire Die
10. Don't Tell The Band - Widespread Panic - Don't Tell The Band

No comments: