Saturday, December 17, 2005

Cardplayer Tournament of Champions...

I am a little jealous of all you +1'rs that made it to the TOC. I should have been there...hell, I could've been there if I didn't go brain numb and put all of my stack in w/ a nut flush draw! Oh well, I will be rooting for everyone today. I just watched poor Necco get an all-in called where he held KK and the other guy had AJ of clubs...he hit an A on the flop and Necco was crippled. He went out in 85th. Right now I am watching Snadly do his thing though. He had a nice hand against JRLoomis and got him to put all of his stack in with a pair of Q's...Snad had a set and it held up. Then I go away for a bit and he's lost a bit of his stack, and now JRLoomis has him covered. This tourney is filled with P1MP's!! Anyway, Good Luck to all of you!! Take it down for +1!!

I played a $10 SnG earlier and won it! It was a battle at the end, but with my new "Kill Phil" stategy that I have been working on, I never felt like I would be out of the money! Oh yeah, I also got my first straight flush!! Here's how it went down. I am on the button w/ A6o. I have about 2400 in chips with 5 left. UTG min. raises to 300 and I call. The UTG player had really switched gears in the last 5-10 hands and built his chips up to about 3K. The flop was A45 (4 and 5 were diamonds). I had an A w/ a 6 kicker and a weak backdoor flush draw. UTG bet about 50% of the flop and I thought about jamming, but hated my kicker, although his post-flop bet felt weak, it also could've been a trap. I didn't want to fold so I made the call. The turn brought beautiful 8 of diamonds. A good card, but also a bad card for me. If he had the flush already I was drawing to one card only. This time UTG bet about 1/4th the pot...there was no way i was folding so I called. River was a pristine 7 of diamonds. The pot was about 1500 and I was going to get it, but how much of his stack? He bet 500, I raised to 1000, he thought and thought then pushed...he had the A of diamonds too! Sick feeling to win/lose that hand, as I can now say I have been on both ends! Once it got down to 3 players I started to really "JAM" and just put people to the test. One guy took the other out, and I proceeded to just go all-in with every hand. One time I showed my opponent a weak hand that I had pushed with it was something like J7 or something. He had raised pre-flop and I came over the top of him...he had A2. The very next hand he did the same thing raising pre-flop and I came over the top again, but this time I had AK...he called very quickly w/ AQ and he got no help on the flop. I wasn't thinking that showing my bluff would end up working out on the very next hand, but i'll take it!

Tonight my Mom, Dad, and Sister are all coming over for a pre-Xmas dinner. I need to clean up a bit since Mo is out getting some last minute shopping done with her brother. This year has gone so fast!!

No comments: