Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Compulsive, Degenerate?

Why didn't I do what I said I was going to do!??!! I said I was NOT going to play blackjack anymore, and they sucked me back in...good thing I withdrew most of my $$! Anyway, after losing a couple hundo, I took what was left out and have deleted Party Poker for now. I have a couple reasons for this, and they don't all have to do with their blackjack button... 1. I just do not like their interface. After playing on Ultimate Bet since 2003-2004 (I started w/ play money of course :) ), and then switching to the PP tables, it really is a step down. I know, I know, but all the little fishies you say...EFF it...I must be one of them. I have to admit I have seen some pretty BUNK plays on there, but it's been about 2 months and I can't figure it out. 2. There Sit-N-Go structure is absolutely HORRIBLE. I just don't understand why they can't use a structure like UB's or 'Stars? Actually, I know, they don't want games to go longer than 45-60 mins, because they are only getting their one time rake for these tourneys. Because I absolutely LOVE SnG's and I feel I am a better than average SnG player (at least w/ good structures), why should I play on the site? 3. No Triple Draw games. I know that is really asking alot, but I am a better than average player in that game and I want to have my $$ somewhere where I can play it.

But, god bless PP and the business they are getting...40-60K players at anytime during the day?? That's absolutely SICK! So, maybe one day in the future I will put some more $$ on PP and try it again, hell, I'm sure they will be offering me something in the future...they'll probably just put $30 in my account. Right now, I'm sticking with Ultimate Bet...and here's why...Multi-table Tourney's have an excellent structure, Sit N Go's also have a great structure, Triple Draw is offered (although hardly ever any 2/4 games anymore :( ), and all of my friends play on their as well as the P1MP's.

I am going to be focusing on tournaments for a while now. I will still play Triple Draw as much as possible because I am so intrigued by this game. But I really want to build up the 'roll even more and go for some WSOP satelites. I think it is just stupid of me to use any of my online bankroll to buy-in to any of these events, not even the $1500 event. I will probably try out Pokerstars or another site at some point in the future, but that is going to go back on the long-term goals for now. It's just not that big of a deal to me. But Pokerstars is probably going to be the one I go to next.

I have been browsing through the new book by Blair Rodman and Lee Nelson called "Kill Phil". This is the newest book on Tournaments, and I REALLY like it alot! I want to put their strategies into use right now! So my plan is to play $5 and $10 MTT's and really go for the Kill Phil approach. Once I actually get the book and read it a couple times I will see if it is a strategy that is right for me. I really don't believe that any one strategy is correct, but having a couple different ideas in your mind certainly will help. We'll see what happens!

No comments: