Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Christmas w/ the family

Christmas always seems to come and go so fast. When I was younger it was worse! These days the whole year just slips by. It has been very exciting though, and I hope 2006 is just as fun, and profitable! I remember when I would wake up and open all of my gifts and then call my friends to see what cool toys santa brought them...it's still the same, just different "toys". All of my friends got pretty cool gifts, but my friend Chris got an extra special one!! He and his wife are going to have a baby!! So that's pretty cool...

I haven't really played much poker the past couple days, mostly because it has been so hectic trying to get everything situated for Xmas. But I did get to play a quick SnG last night (which I got second in) and also spent about an hour on a $2/$4 Triple Draw table (left the table +$40). It was so late when I was finishing up my SnG that I just donked off all of my chips. I just HAD to go to bed. It was a little frustrating because I had my opponent out-chipped about 5-1!! I just kept going all-in when it got down to heads-up and he ended up getting all the right cards. An interesting note is that the "Kill Phil" style of play online says to do just that - go all-in every hand...

I have been studying "Kill Phil" quite a bit recently and am putting its concepts to use, but I haven't really tried it out in a mtt. I am looking forward to the new year to do just that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with the Christmas Holidays wizzing by too fast. Thanks for the nice comment anout me and the Mrs. having our first child. We are both very excited and can't wait for her/him to grow up and play with all of my best friend's children as well.

I have been thinking about this lately........ and I know that this is going to sound gay, but I think we need to start an annual gathering with our group of Dons like the Westover crew and their families do every summer. Why shouldn't we do something like that? I know that we were always the first ones to make fun of the Westover crew going to the OBEX for a week during the summer, but I think that it would be a blast if we did it too!

Just think........ you, me, Big Buck, Smoke Break, Hoss, Ratt, Lupson, Stein, Officer, and all of our OLs..........spending a whole week in a huge rented house at the beach maybe in Duck or Corrolla, NC. You know those huge houses that have a pool, a hot tub, walking distance to the beach, plenty of golf courses nearby, plenty of shops nearby for the OL's to shop at on an afternoon that we are playing golf - :) We could throw down some beers in the evening and shoot the shit, maybe play poker or other games that the girls could play or would rather play I should say. We could go out for dinner on a couple of the nights and the other nights couples could take turns cooking something for dinner. We could just rotate. Then all chip in $$ at the beginning of the trip for breakfast and lunch foods. I think that this is something we should start soon. As we all get older and start having our own little ones I worry that we will not hang out as much as we used to. I miss our Senior Year Spring Break at Myrtle Beach. Or even our second trip to Myrtle? "Those dumb WV bitches took my wallet!" Then I found my wallet on the microwave after taking a secret picture on their disposable camera for them to find later. We've all got stories. That being said, I want to add more stories to my Yearbook.

What do you think man?

Is this gay? An annual summer vacation with the Cannon Road and Jackson Road crew? I don't think so now that we are grown up.

Holla' back!


P.S. I have a good Poker Hand on Ultimate Bet to share with you. Not really one that I played well or had a bad beat on, but one that I won a nice pot on tonight. I have it saved in a Word document. Once you've read this I will send it to you. I am off to play a $10 SNG on UB. Thanks for Hookin' me!

Peace out my Brother!

Your Boy,
Reba while driving in Sunshine, MD