Monday, May 01, 2006

April in the Black

So after a full month of record keeping with the new spreadsheet, it looks like I am in the black for April! Unfortunately last night I got a little greedy and lost about $20 or so. Although, it would have been more of a loss if I did not get second in a SnG. It seems to me that these are definitely the way to go to re-build. On UB they take about 1.5 hours so my hourly rate is much better than the stupid TD cash games. I did not play that much, and although I won about $30+, in the time I played, I'd have at least doubled my SnG cashes. I know i'm like a broken record, but if I could stay off those tables my bankroll would/could be much healthier. But aren't we here for fun?? Well that is exactly what those triple draw tables are!

I did play a live home tourney this past weekend and finished 3rd. It was a very fun time with some friends and the tourney was full of players that were basically sub-par. Their were actually only 4-5 players that I respected. The only thing that was not fun about the tourney though, was the fact that the "tournament director/host" decided to skip about 3-4 levels of blinds. We started with 3500 in chips with blinds at 25/50 going up every 20 minutes. Pretty standard right? Well, once we got past the 200/400 level he skipped 250/500 and 300/600 and went to 350/700 (which was not in the original plan). Then they skipped 400/800 and went straight to 500/1000. From there on they doubled the blinds, so when we got down to the final table with about 6-7 left, it turned into an all-in fest much like a World Poker Tour televised final table. I had only one "suck out" when I went all-in w/ 93o trying to steal the blinds and got called by the chip leader. I caught a 9 on the flop and two pair on the river to double up, and basically stood strong until we were in the money.

So now to May, I hope I continue to re-build. It's definitely a challenge, but it sure is fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Their were actually only 4-5 players that I respected??? I wonder which ones they are?